I’m working on a Law question and need guidance to help me study.
There are various identification methods used in the criminal justice system. There are also two different types of evidence used, physical evidence and circumstantial evidence.
This forum examines the reliability of the various methods used and examines the two different types of evidence.
Please thoroughly discuss each of the following:
- Discuss the various identification methods used in the criminal justice system. Discuss some of the flaws with eye witness identifications?
- What is the difference between physical evidence and circumstantial evidence? Which do you believe is more reliable to a jury? Discuss why.
- What are some of the benefits and drawbacks to relying on DNA evidence in a criminal case?
Attached are two signed statements from witnesses. One is from Dawn Dietz, the prosecutor’s witness and the other is from Joe “The Fireman”, the defense’s witness. Using these two witness statements and the facts provided to you in the week 1 discussion forum #2, answer the following questions:
1) If you were the prosecutor, how would you discredit the potential testimony of Joe The Fireman?
2) If you were the defense attorney, how would you discredit the potential testimony of Dawn Dietz?
3) Discuss some of the conflicts in the statements made by both Dietz and Joe and the facts provided in week 1.
4) What statements/testimony from the witnesses, the police officer and Mayo will be admissible and inadmissible? Discuss why.